Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 October 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots increasing to southwest 25 to 35 early this evening then diminishing to west 15 to 25 early Friday morning. Wind becoming west 15 near noon Friday then backing to south 15 Friday afternoon. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 Friday evening.
Showers tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 October 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1012 mb located near the West Entrance
of Juan de Fuca Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing low located over Bellingham.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PDT 28 October 2021 Strong to gale force southwesterly winds are expected over northern
offshore waters tonight with the passage of a weak disturbance.
A ridge of high pressure over central waters will drive increasing
northwesterly winds west of Vancouver Island beginning tonight.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies just west of Vancouver Island
tonight will ease somewhat Friday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: