Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 28 November 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southwest 30 to 40 early this evening and to southwest 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind west 15 to 25 Sunday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 November 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 November 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 2:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over southern BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 28 November 2020 A strong Pacific frontal system will approach Haida Gwaii today
bringing gale to storm force southerly winds to the northern and
central waters. The gale to storm force southerly winds will continue
tonight and on Sunday over the northern and central waters.
Strong to gale force southeast winds will develop on Sunday over the
southern waters as the system moves southward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: