Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 November 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming east 15 to 25 late overnight then increasing to west 30 to 40 early Saturday morning.
Rain ending Saturday morning. Showers Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 November 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday low located near Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PST 22 November 2019 A frontal system will lie over Hecate Strait this evening.
The system will bring southwesterly gales to central and northern
waters tonight. The gales will ease later this evening as the frontal
A trough of low pressure will cross Bowie then Dixon Entrance
Saturday morning. The trough will bring southwesterly gales to most
northern waters and Bowie for most of Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: