Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 30 this morning then veering to northwest 20 to 30 near noon except southeast 20 to 30 over eastern sections. Wind becoming northeast 25 to 35 this evening. Wind northeast 25 to 35 Friday.
Rain beginning early this morning changing to showers overnight and ending Friday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 1 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday building ridge located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low 998 mb located over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 AM PST 1 December 2022 In the wake of a low, gale force northerlies over Explorer will ease
Gale force outflow winds through the mainland inlets will ease today
as a ridge weakens over the BC Interior, and redevelop on Friday when
the ridge rebuilds.
Another low pressure system will track southwards across Bowie
tonight and Explorer on Friday. Ahead of the low, southerly gales
will develop off the west coast of Haida Gwaii this afternoon and
spread to central and southern waters overnight. On Friday morning,
southeast gales west of Vancouver Island will increase to storm
Force as the low approaches.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: