Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 knots backing to southeast 20 to 30 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 25 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon then diminishing to northwest 20 Saturday evening.
Showers ending late this morning. Rain tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 08 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 December 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located west
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Queen
At noon PST Saturday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PST 8 December 2023 An approaching frontal system will bring gale to storm force
southeast winds to the offshore waters this afternoon. Winds will
rise to strong to gale force southeasterly over the northern and
central waters and west of Vancouver Island this evening as the
frontal system approaches.
On Saturday morning, winds are likely to rise to hurricane force
southeasterlies in a broad swath from Dixon east, through Hecate
Strait and Queen Charlotte Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: