Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 13 April 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming south 25 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to southerly 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 13 April 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 13 April 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over western Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 PM PDT 13 April 2021 A cold front from a low moving into the Gulf of Alaska will pass
through Bowie tonight and Wednesday. Ahead of the front, southerly
gales will develop over Northern Bowie this evening and ease
Wednesday morning as the front weakens.
Additionally, with a ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior,
marginal gale force northerly outflow winds will develop over Howe
Sound overnight and ease Wednesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: