Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 15 September 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 20 knots increasing to southwesterly 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming southerly 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind becoming westerly 20 to 30 late Monday afternoon.
Rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 15 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 15 September 2019 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1006 mb located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday dissipating low 1007 mb located south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:03 PM PDT 15 September 2019 A frontal system off Bowie early Monday morning will intensify as it
moves eastward during the day Monday. It will approach Haida Gwaii
Monday afternoon. Southerly winds ahead of the front will rise to
strong to gale force over northern and central waters as the front
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: