Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 16 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots becoming variable 15 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 16 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening trough located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Hecate Strait.
At 9:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching low 997 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PDT 16 May 2022 A ridge of high pressure over west coast Vancouver Island will result
in gale force inflow winds through east entrance of Juan de Fuca
strait into early evening.
Another trough will move through the offshore waters Tuesday.
Southerly gales will develop over Hecate Strait to Explorer near
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer Tuesday evening then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday. Unseasonably strong winds are
associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island Tuesday night. Southeast gales are expected for inner South
Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
west-northwesterly in the wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: