Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 October 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind southwest 25 to 35 Sunday.
Periods of rain tonight and Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 October 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over northern BC
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating trough located west of
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:16 AM PDT 24 October 2020 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will persist today
Then gradually tonight through Sunday. Gale force northeasterly
outflow winds will continue today through the mainland inlets of BC
coasts. The outflow winds through the northern and central mainland
inlets will weaken to strong tonight and to light on Sunday morning.
Outflow winds over the southern mainland inlets will persist through
tonight and weaken on Sunday.
A frontal system will move onto Bowie early Sunday morning then
Cross the northern waters through the day. Southeast gales will
develop ahead of the front and shift to strong to gale force
southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: