Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 23 January 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 25 after midnight then backing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Friday. Wind becoming southerly 15 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 23 January 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 23 January 2020 A trough of low pressure will cross the offshore waters tonight then
through the North Coast on Friday. Strong to gale force southerly
winds will develop over parts of the central and northern coastal
waters ahead of the system.
Another low pressure system will pass through the offshore waters
Friday night then through the northern coastal waters on Saturday.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the system. The
winds will become westerly gales in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: