Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 15 November 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southerly 25 to 35 early this evening then backing to southeast 35 to 45 late this evening. Wind becoming southeast 40 to 50 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early Saturday morning.
Showers changing to rain this evening then to showers Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 15 November 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 15 November 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Haida
At 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday deepening frontal system located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PST 15 November 2019 A Pacific frontal system will cross the offshore waters tonight and
the coastal waters on Saturday. Gale to storm force southerly winds
will develop ahead of the front over offshore and northern waters
this evening and continue sliding down the coast through Saturday.
Southwesterly gales continue over most areas Saturday night as a
second and third system move onto the coast.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: