Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 12 November 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 overnight then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers changing to rain near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 12 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 12 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
the South Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening low 992 mb located northwest
At noon PST today building ridge located over the South Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 AM PST 12 November 2019 A Pacific frontal system approaching the offshore waters on Wednesday
will bring southeast gales to Bowie and Northwest Explorer Wednesday
morning then to central and northern waters in the afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: