Bowie - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 September 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots becoming southerly 20 to 30 early Saturday morning except northwest 15 to 25 over northwestern sections. Wind becoming north 15 to 25 near noon Saturday then becoming north 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 September 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located from the North Coast to
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located from the Central Coast
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 PM PDT 30 September 2022 A frontal system over Western Bowie this evening will slowly move
toward the North Coast tonight. Strong to gale force southerly winds
are expected over Bowie and Dixon west this evening and Saturday
morning. Southeast gales will also develop over Dixon East and
Northern Hecate Strait from Saturday morning to afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: