Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots veering to southwest 30 to 40 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 Sunday evening.
Rain ending this afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Sunday building ridge located over Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 16 January 2021 A Pacific front over west coast Haida Gwaii late this morning will
move onto the North Coast late this afternoon. Over the north and
central waters gale to storm force southeast winds ahead of the front
will shift to strong to gale force southwest in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: