Bowie - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 16 February 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 25 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 Monday morning. Wind increasing to south 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 16 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing trough located over the North
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday building ridge located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:10 AM PST 16 February 2020 A trough of low pressure over the North Coast will move inland today.
In its wake, gale force northwesterlies over most northern and
central waters will ease to strong northwesterlies this afternoon.
Strong to gale force westerlies will ease this evening in Juan de
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: