Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 February 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to west 25 this afternoon then increasing to southwest 25 to 35 Monday afternoon.
Showers ending this afternoon. Showers Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 February 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today high located southwest of the offshore
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located over western Bowie.
By noon PST today cold front located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 28 February 2021 A frontal system is over the northern waters tonight with the
associated cold front crossing Haida Gwaii early this afternoon.
The cold front will then reach Northern Vancouver Island by late
Ahead of this approaching system strong to gale force south to
southwesterly winds will prevail over northern waters today.
Over southern and central waters winds will rise to strong to gale
force southerly ahead of the approaching cold front during the day.
Winds will shift to northwest and ease in the wake of this front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: