Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 December 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots except southeast 50 over eastern sections. Wind diminishing to southwest 30 late this morning then increasing to southwest 35 to 45 this afternoon with gusts to 55 ending Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 35 near noon Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers near noon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 05:33 AM PST 04 December 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
southern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 4 December 2023 A frontal system is moving across the northern and central waters
this morning generating storm to gale force southeasterlies ahead of
it. The front will move into the southern waters this afternoon with
southerly gale force winds.
Across the northern and central waters, the gale to storm force
southeasterlies will veer to southwesterly gales in the wake of the
front as the Parent low moves into the vicinity this afternoon. There
may be brief bursts of southwesterly storm force winds over waters
west of Haida Gwaii tonight.
Southwesterly gales over northern and central waters will slowly
diminish on Tuesday to southwesterly strong as the low weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: