Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 January 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots except northeast 20 to 30 over western sections. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 near midnight and to westerly 10 to 15 late Thursday morning. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the North Coast to Port Hardy.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PST 22 January 2020 A frontal system located from west coast of Haida Gwaii to west coast
of Vancouver Island this afternoon will continue to move eastward and
cross the North Coast overnight. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the front will shift to strong to gale force southwest
In its wake.
The trailing cold front will lie across the Central Coast Thursday
morning and move across the South Coast Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will persist ahead of the front then ease
to moderate to strong southerlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: