Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 09 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 this evening and to variable 5 to 15 early Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Sunday and to southwest 25 to 35 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 09 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 9 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over
McInnes Island to Cape Scott.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday weakening trough located over Vancouver
Island extending southwestward.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Langara extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 9 December 2023 A vigorous front has moved across Hecate Strait this afternoon and
Is weakening. Hurricane force southeast winds ahead of the front has
eased to storm force over West Vancouver Island North and eastern
sections of Queen Charlotte Sound and Hecate Strait. The front will
move to Central Coast this evening while quickly weakening.
Gale force southeast winds over the South Coast waters will ease to
moderate to strong late this evening as the front continues to
Gale force northwesterlies over northern waters, west of Haida Gwaii
will follow this system this evening as a surface trough follows the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: