Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 27 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots veering to southwest 25 to 35 this evening then backing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday morning. Wind veering to south 35 to 45 Friday afternoon.
Scattered showers changing to rain Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:05 PM PST 27 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM PST 27 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge this evening. Fog patches will dissipate
A frontal system over the offshore waters will move across Haida
Gwaii this evening. Ahead of the front, winds will rise to gale
Force southerly across the northern and central waters. Winds will
shift to strong to gale force southwest behind the front.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie late Friday. Winds will
shift to gale force southerly ahead of this front over northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: