Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 September 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 20 to 30 knots becoming southerly 25 to 35 early this morning then becoming westerly 20 to 30 late this afternoon. Wind becoming northerly 25 to 35 Tuesday morning then diminishing to north 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Rain beginning early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 16 September 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 September 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating low 1007 mb located south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PDT 16 September 2019 A frontal system off Bowie early this morning will intensify as it
moves eastward during the day today. It will approach Haida Gwaii
this afternoon and North Vancouver Island tonight. Southerly winds
ahead of the front will rise to strong to gale force over northern
and central waters as the front approaches. Southerly winds will rise
to gale to storm force tonight in Hecate Strait.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southeasterly over southern
waters on Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: