Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 September 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 this evening then becoming west 30 to 40 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 40 to 50 Monday afternoon.
Rain beginning this evening changing to showers Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 September 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 September 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Explorer extending
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Monday ridge located over Vancouver Island
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PDT 22 September 2019 A frontal system over this Lower Mainland will depart this afternoon.
In its wake gale force northwesterlies will continue over West
Vancouver Island this evening.
Another front will move across the northern offshore waters tonight.
Gale force southeast winds will develop over the offshore waters
tonight then spread to the central and north coasts on Monday.
Winds over the northern waters will become gale to storm force
southwesterlies in the wake of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: