Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 near noon then becoming northwest 10 to 20 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1010 mb located over southeastern
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating low located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 28 June 2022 A ridge of high pressure remains offshore, while a low pressure
system over Southeastern Explorer will slowly track towards Vancouver
Island today and will weaken.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds off the west coast of
Vancouver Island will ease near noon today.
Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over Bowie and west coast
Haida Gwaii will also ease near noon today.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: