Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 August 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 to 30 knots except west 35 over northern sections. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 early Saturday morning then diminishing to west 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
BowieIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 August 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
By noon PDT Saturday dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 23 August 2019 A trough of low pressure will track eastward across Bowie tonight
then reach Hecate Strait by late Saturday morning. Strong to gale
force westerly winds will persist over Northern Bowie until early
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: