Issued 07:00 PM MDT 24 October 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 knots early Sunday morning and to north 25 near noon Sunday.
Flurries ending near noon Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray beginning near noon Sunday.
Temperatures minus 3 falling to minus 9 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 October 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 9 tenths grey-white ice including a trace of
multi-year ice in the northwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
BanksIssued 8:11 PM MDT 24 October 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 24 October 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday departing low 1011 mb located at 70N 135W.
At 0000 UTC Monday approaching high 1025 mb located at 72N 146W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: