Issued 07:00 AM MDT 19 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this morning and to light this afternoon. Wind becoming north 15 this evening then diminishing to light early Saturday morning.
Periods of drizzle changing to showers this afternoon and ending near midnight.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 19 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday departing low 988 mb located at 72N 108W.
At 1200 UTC Friday quasi-stationary trough located over northern
At 1200 UTC Friday ridge located from 74N 176W to 71N 146W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 74N 168W to 68N 122W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: