Issued 07:00 PM MDT 19 October 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 near midnight and to southeast 25 late overnight except southeast 35 over eastern sections Wednesday morning and afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 20 Wednesday evening.
Scattered flurries this evening.
Low tonight minus 3. High Wednesday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 October 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
AmundsenIssued 7:00 PM MDT 19 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 19 October 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday weakening low 992 mb located at 82N 104W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 1006 mb located at 87N 148W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 76N 169W to 74N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 79N 119W to 78N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough located on a line east-west over Arctic
Coast of Alaska.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: