West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 PM EST 08 February 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 40 knots diminishing to north 30 late overnight and to north 20 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Snow ending overnight. Blowing snow ending Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in blowing snow.
Temperatures minus 21 falling to minus 29 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5746W to 6030N 5707W then
northeastwards. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong
ice pressure along parts of the coast easing Thursday morning.
Warnings (In effect)
West BrevoortIssued 11:00 AM EST 08 February 2023
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EST 09 February 2023
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 18 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday cold front located from Foxe Basin to James Bay.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday cold front located over Hudson Strait.
At 1200 UTC Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over Greenland.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: