West Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 PM EST 09 December 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 this evening and to northwest 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to east 15 Saturday evening.
Scattered flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge severe freezing spray ending Saturday evening.
Low tonight minus 16. High Saturday minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 6002N 6213W to 6026N 6117W to 6123N 6148W to
6348N 5756W then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
8 tenths grey-white ice including 3 tenths first-year ice except 9
plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of multi-year ice in
the extreme northwestern section. Strong ice pressure along parts of
the coast beginning Saturday afternoon.
Warnings (In effect)
West BrevoortIssued 5:00 PM EST 09 December 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
West Brevoort - northern halfIssued 11:00 AM EST 09 December 2022
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 9 December 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday building ridge from 1047 mb high located from
Quebec to Southampton Island then to Arctic Bay.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge from 1049 mb high located from Quebec to
Hudson Strait then to Clyde River.
At 0000 UTC Saturday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over Davis Strait.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: