Issued 07:00 AM MDT 02 October 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind light Tuesday.
Scattered flurries ending Tuesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 October 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7158N
12714W to Banks Island near 7210N 12543W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7308N 11656W to
Victoria Island near 7302N 11637W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7241N 10519W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7326N 10128W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7142N 8952W to
7144N 9117W to 7051N 9130W to Nunavut near 6915N 8919W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 2 October 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday dissipating trough located from 67N 75W to
At 1200 UTC Monday trough from 1001 mb low located from 67N 129W
to 76N 132W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday trough located from 67N 120W to 86N 85W.
At 1200 UTC Monday ridge located from 67N 102W to 72N 104W then
to 82N 65W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 65N 63W to 76N 78W then
to 82N 61W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- East Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: