South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NST 01 December 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind west 45 to 55 knots diminishing to west 25 to 35 late this afternoon then becoming southwest 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 early Thursday morning.
Snow or rain changing to flurries near noon and ending near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures plus 4 falling to minus 1 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 30 November 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5345N 5642W to 5354N
5652W to Labrador near 5356N 5708W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5413N 5815W to Labrador
near 5415N 5818W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5548N 6029W to 5718N
6100W to 5933N 6319W to Labrador near 5951N 6402W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 30 November 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5543W to 5130N 5430W to 5500N 4930W to 5600N 4930W to 5745N
5715W to 6050N 6015W to 6205N 5355W to 5910N 4710W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5651W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5639W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 01 December 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 1 December 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 962 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 974 mb located north of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 AM NST 1 December 2021 A low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will move north of
the marine district tonight. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the low shift to west to northwesterlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half, and
East Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Lake Melville.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: