South Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 26 September 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to west 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 25 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 35 Wednesday evening.
South Labrador Sea - eastern half
South Labrador Sea - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 July 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 25 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5100N 5100W to 5400N 5100W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NDT 26 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 26 September 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary high 1032 mb located
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located southwest of Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing trough located south of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching trough located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM NDT 26 September 2023 A trough of low pressure located southwest of Greenland will drift
southward before departing this afternoon. Gale force northwesterlies
over eastern waters will diminish to strong later today.
A second trough of low pressure will approach the marine district
from the north tonight. Strong to gale force west to northwesterlies
are expected ahead of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: