Resolution - western half
Issued 05:30 AM EST 01 December 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 early this evening. Wind becoming south 15 after midnight then diminishing to light Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to south 20 Thursday evening.
Periods of snow ending early this morning. Flurries this afternoon this evening and Thursday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray this afternoon and early this evening. Freezing spray Thursday morning. Freezing spray beginning Thursday evening.
Temperatures near minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 30 November 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5438N 7946W to 5820N 9123W
to 6008N 9314W to 6302N 8834W to 6138N 8316W to 6415N 7600W to
Baffin Island near 6326N 7207W. Sea ice southwest then north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 6229N 7742W to 6230N
8000W to 6145N 8045W to 6000N 7800W to 5845N 7930W to 5715N 7730W to
Quebec near 5522N 7739W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5937N 6528W to 5847N 6726W
to 5931N 6859W to Quebec near 6048N 6922W. Sea ice south of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Resolution - western halfIssued 05:30 AM EST 01 December 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 1 December 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 987 mb located at 61N 86W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 987 mb located at 60N 80W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday low 960 mb located at 58N 53W.
By 0000 UTC Friday departing low 982 mb located at 75N 68W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: