Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 05 February 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots today tonight and Monday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 28 to minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5746W to 6000N 5847W to 6120N 5739W
then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 4 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4905N 4815W to 5045N 4720W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 09:30 AM NST 05 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 962 mb located east of the Marine
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing low 976 mb located south of
By 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located over
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday building ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 AM NST 5 February 2023 A deep low pressure system just east of the marine district will
continue to move away today. Generally strong to gale force
northwesterlies are forecast today in its wake.
A trough of low pressure will stall over Southern Greenland later
today as a ridge of high pressure builds in from the west to lie over
Labrador. The interaction of these two features will cause strong to
gale force westerlies to persist over the marine district tonight and
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea -
southeastern half and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: