Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 25 September 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near midnight except northwest 25 over southeastern sections. Wind becoming west 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 September 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7428N 8652W to
Borden Peninsula near 7344N 8249W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7332N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7333N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7319N 7646W to 7525N
7510W to 7520N 7329W then eastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5130N 4930W to 5245N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 25 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary high 1032 mb located
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located north of the Marine District.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located southwest of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NDT 25 September 2023 A trough of low pressure located north of the marine district will
cross the East Labrador Sea today before moving to lie along the
Southwest Coast of Greenland tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies can be expected with the passage of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: