Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NST 30 January 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 25 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 30 January 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5704W to 6000N 5819W to 6132N 5754W
then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
2 tenths first-year ice except 7 tenths first-year ice including a
trace of old ice in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 30 January 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4930N 4900W to 5000N 4735W to 5100N 4720W to 5815N
5630W to 6005N 5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jan estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5832W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 30 January 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 30 January 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located east of Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located northeast of
the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 1006 mb located over the East
By 9:30 p.m. NST Tuesday low 995 mb located north of Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NST 30 January 2023 A trough of low pressure east of the Labrador Sea will continue to
move northeastward and depart tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will diminish to light to moderate winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: