Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 27 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers or flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 3.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 27 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 near noon and to 2 to 3 this evening.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 27 March 2023
Wednesday Wind north 10 to 15 knots.
Thursday Wind north 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind north 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from ice edge estimated from 5803N 5815W to 6015N
5925W to 6145N 5900W to 6245N 5740W then northeastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme western
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 26 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5525W to 4510N 5440W to 4345N 4745W to 4715N 4345W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5920N 4845W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6030W to Newfoundland near 4850N 5827W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 27 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: