Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 September 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 30 this evening then backing to northeast 25 Sunday afternoon. Wind veering to southeast 25 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain overnight and Sunday. Fog patches forming Sunday afternoon.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7346N 10400W to 7408N 10336W to
7425N 9427W to Cornwallis Island near 7439N 9348W. Sea ice west then
north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7516N 9330W to
Devon Island near 7559N 9230W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7432N 8248W to 7357N
8141W to 7400N 7903W to near 7603N 7416W then northeastward. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4805N 5257W to 4815N 5215W to 5100N 4815W to 5330N 4900W to 5600N
5100W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 938 mb located
west of Cape Breton Island.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday Post-tropical Storm Fiona 960 mb located
over the eastern Quebec Lower North Shore.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today high 1014 mb located over the North
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing high 1021 mb located north of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 24 September 2022 Post-tropical storm Fiona will approach from the south today and
cross the region on Sunday. Strong to gale force southeast to
northeasterlies will spread across most waters as Fiona approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 A.M. NDT post-tropical storm Fiona was located near 47.0
degrees north and 61.2 degrees west, about 70 nautical miles
northwest of Sydney. Fiona is moving north-northeast at 30 knots with
maximum sustained winds of 70 knots and a central pressure of 938 MB.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: