Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 27 May 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots tonight and Saturday.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5715W to 6040N 5713W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 5 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 27 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4545N 4620W to 4710N 4510W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 27 May 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 981 mb located northeast of Belle
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 993 mb located southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 PM NDT 27 May 2022 A low pressure system well northeast of Belle Isle Bank will track
northwestward to lie southeast of Greenland tonight where it will
stall and start to weaken. Northwesterly gales can be expected over
eastern sections of the East Labrador Sea overnight and Saturday
morning between the low and a stationary ridge of high pressure over
the Central Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: