Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 May 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots backing to north 25 near noon then diminishing to variable 15 to 20 Monday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 1.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 28 May 2023
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Today Tonight and Monday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres.
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Today Tonight and Monday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 this afternoon and to 3 to 4 near midnight. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 Monday afternoon.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 May 2023
Tuesday Wind south 15 to 20 knots.
Wednesday Wind southeast 20 knots.
Thursday Wind variable 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday Bergy water except 6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5815W to 6152N 5843W to 6306N 5749W
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:37 PM EDT 27 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4502N 5323W to 4630N 4746W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5805N 5150W to 5935N 4840W to 5830N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 May 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1000 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 999 mb located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: