Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots backing to northwest 15 this morning except light over western sections Friday.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 this afternoon.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 21 September 2023
Saturday Wind light.
Sunday Wind northwest 15 knots.
Monday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 11:00 AM EDT 20 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7537N 9518W to
Devon Island near 7614N 9513W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7428N 8652W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7351N 8554W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7332N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7333N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7340N 7838W to 7540N
7456W to 7538N 7348W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 20 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5345N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located over the North Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing trough located over Funk Island
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: