Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NST 26 January 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 25 knots backing to northwest 30 Wednesday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over western sections tonight and Wednesday.
Temperatures minus 5 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 26 January 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 5800N 5800W to 6200N 6000W to 6430N
5745W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths first-year ice in the extreme western
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 26 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5027N 5624W to 5020N 5300W to 5700N 5330W to 6300N 5800W to 6415N
5600W to 5720N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5637W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NST 26 January 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 26 January 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday intensifying trough located over
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 PM NST 26 January 2021 A trough of low pressure will develop over the Labrador Sea overnight
and intensify on Wednesday. Strong northwesterlies will increase to
gale force over western waters Wednesday afternoon and evening as the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, and South Labrador Sea -
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water except South Labrador Sea -
southern half and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: