Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 03 October 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this afternoon except northwest 30 over southwestern sections tonight and northwest 15 over southwestern sections Wednesday morning.
Showers ending Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7323N 11433W to
7405N 11303W to Victoria Island near 7321N 10802W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W to Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7534N 9534W to
Devon Island near 7614N 9517W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7430N 8832W to
7418N 8805W to 7412N 8004W to 7532N 7544W to 7619N 7435W then
eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 2 October 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4932N 5511W to 5200N 5015W to 5345N 5045W to 5915N 5700W to 6000N
5210W to 5845N 4600W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM NDT 3 October 2023 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: