North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NST 31 January 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures near minus 27.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 30 January 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N
5332W to 5015N 5520W to 5219N 5314W to 5453N 5247W to 5627N 5609W to
5803N 5704W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 6132N 5754W to 6200N 5721W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey-white ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the eastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:10 PM EST 30 January 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4925N 4800W to 5040N 4655W to 5815N 5630W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5832W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 31 January 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying low 1008 mb located over the
northern East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday low 994 mb located over the northern
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM NST 31 January 2023 A low pressure system will deepen as it stalls over northern sections
of the East Labrador Sea today and Wednesday. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop over the Labrador Sea as the low
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: