North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 20 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots except west 25 over northern sections. Wind becoming west 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind west 15 to 20 Friday.
A risk of freezing spray over northern sections tonight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 24 to minus 18.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4807N 5226W
to 4930N 5315W to 5030N 5519W to 5246N 5358W to 5444N 5456W to 5544N
5633W to 5803N 5738W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
9 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 1
tenth first-year ice in the extreme eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:04 PM EST 20 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5550W to 5115N 5140W to 5230N 4905W to 5425N 5115W to
5600N 5500W to 5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 20 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight weakening ridge located over Belle
At 4:00 a.m. NST Friday intensifying trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM NST 20 January 2022 An intensifying trough of low pressure will develop on Friday over
the East Labrador Sea. Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the trough
will shift to gale force northwesterly winds over the East Labrador
Sea Friday afternoon in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: