North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 June 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots near noon then becoming west 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to west 25 late overnight with gusts to 35 near fjords. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 June 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5427N 5725W to 5455N 5555W to
5700N 5930W to 5803N 5835W then northeastward. Sea ice north then
west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:25 PM EDT 28 June 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4705N 5305W to 4900N 4800W to 5340N 4810W to 5700N 5150W to 5635N
4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6038W to Newfoundland near 4905N 5804W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 29 June 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 986 mb located north
of the Marine District.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 AM NDT 29 June 2022 A quasi-stationary low pressure system north of the marine district
will bring strong to gale force northwesterlies to northern waters
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea - northern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: