North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 01 April 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots except north 20 over southern sections. Wind becoming northeast 15 to 20 this morning then increasing to northeast 25 near noon Thursday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4710N 4920W
to 4825N 4850W to 4935N 5010W to 5255N 5040W to 5530N 5310W to 5630N
5700W to 5800N 5740W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
9 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths first-year ice in the
northern and southeastern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:19 PM EDT 31 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5250W to 4445N 4700W to 4600N 4450W to 5030N
4345W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 1 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
North Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday deepening trough located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM NDT 1 April 2020 A trough of low pressure east of Greenland will remain quasi
stationary and deepen on Thursday. Strong to gale force northerlies
will develop over the East Labrador Sea on Thursday between the
trough and a ridge over the Labrador coast.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: