North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 21 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 this evening then backing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 25 Saturday morning.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 24 to minus 18 rising to minus 18 to minus 12 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4807N 5226W
to 4930N 5315W to 5026N 5511W to 5115N 5406W to 5238N 5330W to 5441N
5422W to 5803N 5738W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
9 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 1
tenth first-year ice in the extreme eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:45 PM EST 21 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5550W to 5115N 5140W to 5230N 4905W to 5425N 5115W to
5600N 5500W to 5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 21 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today deepening low 994 mb located over the East
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday departing low 990 mb located southeast
of the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over northern Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday departing ridge located east of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:09 PM NST 21 January 2022 A deepening low pressure system over the East Labrador Sea will track
slowly southeastward tonight. Gale to storm force northwesterlies in
the wake of the low will diminish as it departs the marine district
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: