North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 September 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots increasing to northwest 35 Saturday morning then diminishing to northwest 25 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 30 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5046N 5604W to 5030N 4830W to 5200N 4815W to 5615N 5000W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 September 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located east of Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located north of Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located over central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM NDT 30 September 2022 A trough of low pressure will approach from north of the Labrador Sea
tonight and will sweep southward across the marine district on
Saturday. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are expected to
develop behind the trough on Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: