North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 25 January 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 25 near midnight. Wind northwest 25 Tuesday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to 5030N 5510W
to 5130N 5430W to 5220N 5340W to 5500N 5445W to 5800N 5800W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths grey-white ice including 3
tenths first-year ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:22 PM EST 24 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5027N 5624W to 5040N 5315W to 5700N 5330W to 6300N 5800W to 6415N
5600W to 5720N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5637W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 25 January 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 982 mb located over the Great Northern
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday trough located south of Newfoundland.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today building ridge located over northern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM NST 25 January 2021 A low pressure system over the Great Northern Peninsula will weaken
into a trough as it moves to lie south of Newfoundland tonight.
Gale force northeasterlies over most waters will gradually diminish
today and tonight as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea, and East Labrador.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: