North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 16 January 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening and to variable 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind variable 10 to 15 Monday.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon and this evening.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 14 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4838N 5301W to 4930N 5315W
to 5023N 5447W to 5415N 5324W to 5630N 5652W to 5803N 5738W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 16 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5550W to 5135N 5300W to 5215N 5100W to 5430N 5125W to
5600N 5500W to 5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 16 January 2022
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 16 January 2022 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 965 mb located over northeastern Belle
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday weakening low 982 mb located near Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM NST 16 January 2022 An intense low pressure system over Belle Isle Bank will continue to
track northeastward tonight to lie east of Greenland on Monday.
Gale to storm force north to northwesterly winds north of the low
will persist over most waters tonight and will gradually diminish to
moderate to strong westerlies on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and
East Labrador Sea. A gale warning is also in effect for Northwest
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: