North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots increasing to west 35 early this morning with gusts to 50 near fjords. Wind diminishing to west 25 late overnight. Wind west 25 Wednesday.
Scattered showers ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 3 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5007N 5609W to 5005N 4745W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NDT 04 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the Torngat Mountains.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM NDT 4 October 2022 A trough of low pressure over the Torngat Mountains will track east
across the district today. Strong southwesterlies ahead of the trough
will become strong to gale force westerlies across most waters in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and South Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: