North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 01 June 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 15 knots backing to northwest 10 to 15 near noon Friday.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 01 June 2023
Tonight and Friday. Mainly ice covered.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 01 June 2023
Saturday Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming northwest 15.
Monday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 1 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday 6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5128N 5652W to
Newfoundland near 5120N 5643W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4934N 5428W to
5450N 5354W to 5517N 5552W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5359W to 4610N 5300W to 4650N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5745N 5250W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 1 June 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located east of the East Labrador
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located over Labrador.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: